Welcome! If it’s your first time here, this page contains our best resources to get you started.
About The Skincare Edit
The Skincare Edit is all about helping you get healthy skin.
You’ll find in-depth tutorials, cheat sheets, guides and product recommendations to help you edit your skincare routine and improve your complexion.
Our approach to skincare focuses on safe and effective topical products—ideally supported by robust nutrition, balanced hormones and a pro-metabolic lifestyle.
We believe that healthy skin is achievable by all!
Ready to get started now? Better Skin in 7 is our FREE seven-day email course that teaches the fundamentals of healthy skin. Find out more and sign up right here:
About the Editor
I’m Michelle—a journalist, editor and independent researcher who has been studying skincare for more than a decade. I LOVE sharing my findings, tips and recommendations!
Prior to launching The Skincare Edit, I was the beauty and health editor at Elle Canada and the beauty editor at The Look. I’ve also written for many of the top publications in Canada, including Elle, The Globe and Mail, Chatelaine, Flare and Fashion.
It was a struggle with my own skin issues over the years (which I’ve now resolved, on my own!) that led me to research how topical ingredients, nutrition and hormones affect our skin physiology.
My hope is to not only help you become a more educated beauty consumer... I also want to empower you with the ability to improve your own skin, just like I did!
I’m always happy to hear from readers, so feel free to get in touch if you have a question or just want to say hello.
Join Our Community
Here’s how you can stay up-to-date with this website:
- Subscribe: To receive our latest articles via email, along with skincare tips and support, subscribe to our email newsletter. For the first seven days, you’ll get our free e-course, Better Skin in 7, to help you start your skincare journey. After that, we’ll continue to send you regular updates and Q&As. Sign up here!
- Follow Us: We share even more skincare wisdom on social media, so make sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here are a few of our best tutorials to get you started:
- How to Apply Your Skincare Products in the Right Order
- UVA vs UVB: What's the Difference?
- AHA vs BHA Exfoliants: What’s the Difference?
- Retinoid vs Retinol: What’s the Difference?
Can’t find what you're looking for? Please check our Frequently Asked Questions!